Thursday, June 13, 2024

THAILAND 2024

I was in Bangkok, Thailand from June 8 to 12, 2024 in order to attend the annual conference of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SEAMEO SPAFA). It is the largest grassroots initiative daw on archaeology and fine arts in the region.I got to know them about 3 years ago thru an ISEAS webinar on Angkor textile and ceramic something. Anyway, by God's grace everything went well. My good Thai friends Achara Phurikhup and Nipapan Saeng In (Kai) showed us around Bangkok on Sunday June 9. Twas a truly lovely day! I got to see Bangkok unlike our September 2008 trip with my sister Jessica. Because that time, our tuktuk driver left us in one of the temples. They do have a tendency to scam the tourists, among them Filipinos. God bless us all!

No comments: