Saturday, June 7, 2008

Volunteering in Cambodia

Maybe if I didn't move to St 472, I also wouldn't have found this volunteering job at CWF. I saw their poster at WW Web internet cafe and that's how I thought of volunteering w/ them. I simply walked into the school on 8th May.

Most of the volunteers live at the Volunteer House on St 147, about 10 mins walk to the school. I live quite close by actually.

St 155 is the busiest street in our part of town. Last Monday, 2 June in the morning, I saw Abbey, Chris, and Greg w/ his laptop at Coffee Korner. Then in the afternoon, I saw Amy walking at St 155 again w/ her boyfriend who is visiting.

It is amusing, these volunteers are part of my life now. I realize I have not been interacting w/ a mix of people since ISS days! Coz in NUS most of the students were really from China and India, only the exchange students are the Westerners.

Last Saturday, 31 May we girls went to church --Abbey, Amy, Jane, Teresa and I. The usher at the church even asked us, "Which country are you from?" Then she checked herself and said "Oh, different countries" Heheh..

Yesterday, 7 June only Abbey, Chris, Teresa and I went to church. The others had their own schedule. But hopefully we can have this Saturday schedule alrdy.

Today I saw Greg just outside the school. I was waiting for Teresa. Told him I sent out my CV to schools while they went to the province, Kratie. He said he might also try to look for a job here in Cambodia after our term at the school has ended.

It's all amusing, I keep the faith. God bless our plans!

No comments: