Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Birthday!

Tomorrow, 22 Nov will be my 32nd birthday. I don't know how I'm going to celebrate that day, I am just looking forward to it! One year wiser, as they say...

Earlier today, I received advanced birthday wishes from Corrinne, one of our former alumnas who's now living it up in Tibet! It was very sweet of her to greet me in advance since she said she'll be on the road in the next few days and she didn't want to miss it! Enjoy Tibet and China as much as you can, girl!!!

The Dutch have a very interesting way to greet you on your birthday. 'Cause the wishes are not just for the celebrant (jarig/-e) but it extends to the family members as well. They say "Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!" (Congratulations on your birthday). I suddenly miss my very good Dutch friends. Hoe gaat het met jullie? Hehe..tot ziens! Soon it will be time for Sinterklaas, their version of Christmas. But they still do celebrate Christmas: in fact two days, on the 25th and the 26th of December. I miss the snow... :-)

No comments: