Thursday, May 1, 2008

Volunteer

Accidentally I found a place where I could volunteer. I had always wanted to do this. Since 2004 pa tawn when I got tired of teaching in USC. I even emailed Vinati, my Indian friend to help me, and she got me in touch w/ people there from the Gandhi Peace Foundation. But then it didn't push through. This time I hope it would really push through. I have been looking for change and this could be it! I keep the faith.

The name of the organization is Conversations w/ Foreigners (CWF), only two blocks from where I live. I didn't realize that it's gonna be this formal for them to volunteer; they emailed my references (Ashwani, David, and I'm sure Mam Ching) to ask for my suitability for the post. They are a fund-raising arm man gud for the Cambodia Rural Development Team. Hehe, this must be tough work. But I'd welcome the change. Coz swak w/ my MA training di ba? I'll think na lang that I could always include this in my CV pohon. I keep the faith.

Successful daw ako application so far. I'd wait for further commu from them. And I'll wait for the program to start this May 27th pohon. As far as I know, as volunteer English teacher, I'll be teaching English for 5hrs/day for 3months. Different levels. I know God will sustain me in this. He is good, always.

No comments: