Sunday, August 27, 2023

DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

Mam Shirley Sisante, our former coordinator at kindergarten school in Cambodia once told me that love is not an obligation but an outpouring. Today 8/28/23, Madon told me that while you are still alive, you can still do things lagi daw. As in, plan new plans and dream new dreams. Nahadlok n man lagi ko Lord masayop ever since nasayop ko in Singapore last 2005 to 2006. And I hurt my family in the process. But then, I tried to recover from it all di b. I returned to my career gud at the academe last November 2010 and stayed with CDU for those 12 lovely years. But then, nieskwela man ko ug PhD lagi, not in Hawaii kay nahadlok ko to study abroad again but sa Silliman kay mao lagi convenient for me. Cebu/Bohol has become my comfort zone man jud lagi. But then, it's such a big world out there. And ganahan jud ko ug outdoors tinuod Lord. cf. kinsa to nga author, two emotions ra lagi daw ang naa nato, love or fear ra lagi daw. Kung unsa daw tong atong ifeed mao ang moprevail.. Over the weekend I discovered this show The World is Yours on CNN Philippines as well as Gretchen Ho's Woman in Action on Channel 21. Nahadlok ra man lagi ko motry again kay nagkaedad n lagi. But then I think about Sarah, Abraham's wife (and all the numerous women of faith in the Bible). And of course si Fr. Jerry Orbos, SVD lagi who is my spiritual director jud. Missionary man lagi ug origins ang SVD so instilled jud n in me. Si Blessed Arnold Janssen jud lagi among idol in that sense. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step lagi. Plus part pud kos SFC Cambodia nga labaw pud missionary ug thrust. Wala p man daw misyon ang SVD sa Hawaii lagi sa kadaghan sa Pilipino didto. Basin p diay I can be that instrument Lord no? Anyway, two options ron ang klaro nako: ang writer/editor role sa Inflexion AI which is based in Australia and the teaching fellow sa Teach for the Philippines (TFP). Ugma pohon sa buntag n ang interview atong sa TFP lagi and if madawat, morag sa October daw madeploy n to lagi. Ang Inflexion AI will be home-based work. I won't just be teaching actually with TFP; I'm supposed to contribute something more to the school. I already have an idea: to make my school pohon wired. Mangita ko'g paagi nga makainternet ang entire campus pohon. I can do that in Tinangnan pud pohon. These are all government functions man gud ta lagi but di man matubag sa among gobiyerno. Saun, grabe man lagi ang red tape pud sa among government, purya saway lng pud. Among government man pud lagi sadly ang isa sa obstacles to our development. Mao ng mga Pilipino morely n lng sa ilang selves kay wa man silay maasahan lagis ilang government. Anyway, di n lng ta mag-istorya p ana. Per JFK p lagi di b, Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. I am nationalistic or patriotistic man jud lagi in that sense. So, go go go Doki. Darating k rin doon in time. Amen!

No comments: