Friday, October 12, 2007

HOME



There is a place that each one of us calls home. And in my case that is Tubigon, Bohol. Here I'm inserting a pic from our beloved port, and also where it is on the map, just for orientation.

I grew up in Cawayanan, my mother's hometown in Tubigon, about 11 kilometres from the town centre. We lived there till I went to high school. I had precious memories there, growing up. Then my parents decided to build a house in Tinangnan, my father's hometown and that's where we've been for almost 20 yrs now. Twenty years and I don't even feel it. Perhaps because I only stayed there for high school and during semestral breaks when I was in college. Then I worked in Cebu, at USC after graduation and I really just go home during semestral breaks and/or special occasions. It is home but it is biniyaan kanunay. Even our neighbours, we hardly know by heart but we know that almost all of them are relatives of my father.

I once told a friend in NUS that I live in a small town. But actually Tubigon is not a small town, I just feel that it is so. Because I do feel that whatever actions I do are monitored or magnified somehow. Kaila2 ra man gud mi tanan didto. Any tsismis and it sure will circulate around. Once our salutatorian in high school was said to have been pressured to graduate w/ honours b/c Hazel and I alrdy graduated w/ honours. It's all part of hometown life, if ever there's such a thing! :-)

No comments: