Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Health Challenge

I discovered that I had goiter when I was in the Netherlands. Si Madon who is a nurse pointed me to it. I think nitunga to siya tungod atong akong schedule lagi nga 130 to 23o pm sa AS building then 230 to 330 pm sa Science Building then 330 to 430 pm sa AS Building n pud. I would eventually request to transfer my 330 to 430 pm class sa Science Building n lng pud but I guess the damage has already been done. I even had a gorry thought of spending Christmas (in 2000) at a hospital in the Netherlands 'cause I was asked by our doctor, Dr Dikker to have an ultrasound of my thyroid. I went and I saw how good the Dutch medical system was. I had it done at the Westeinde Ziekenhuis (Westend Hospital). When the results were in, I went to him again and he said there's nothing to worry about it. So of course, naglamierda ako sa Europa! Then I came home to Philippines and went back teaching at USC. And this was when I encountered real problems with my thyroid. Di na man ko katingog! I was scheduled for surgery on February 24, 2003 but Mam Inday Yap, Nang Anel's former teacher in ChE introduced me to intra. So la na ko nadayon paopera. But I also made HUUUUGGGEEE mistakes out of this intra thing, the details of which are so embarrassing to even reveal here. Suffice it to say that I committed a CONSTELLATION of mistakes because of it! I guess life is like that, we all have challenges to face. Healthwise, this goiter and cancer runs in my father's side of the family. My mother's side sad kay high blood. Ingon lagi ako Nursing students sa Health Econ before, "Di ka mahadlok, Miss?" Well, Ginoo maoy nakahibaw sa tanan di ba? That's why He's giving us all these challenges so that we'd keep on holding on to Him. Sya guy nakahibaw sa tanan. Amen. All praise be to You, Lord! Please keep us healthy always.

No comments: