Thursday, October 25, 2018

Research and I

Di mn kaju ko ganahan magresearch though I had the exposure of course sa USC. I think I was a 3rd year student when apil mis research ni Mam Ching about the demand for softdrinks in Cebu. Field work mis Danao City ato. Then for fourth year we had to do our own thesis. Wa jud ko magkadimao ato ako survey of the informal sector in Brgy San Juan, Cebu City. Nipis ra kaju tawn ako final report. And 2.5 ang gihatag nga grade ni Mam Ching naho. She was head of Affiliated Nonconventional Energy Center (ANEC) then and she gave me a table sa silong. Di jud ko tiglingkod didto. Then this was how I met Harry too coz bisita mn sija ni Mam Ching for two years. Anyway, I eventually found myself in the Netherlands in 2000-2001. Human nako ato ug coursework sa ako MA Economics sa USC. I got the NFP fellowship and flew to Holland in September 2000. I had to return in October 2001 for 2 weeks coz my father died. And when I came back to Holland, I had to finish my thesis so that I could graduate. Suffice it to say that nahuman jud kos Netherlands buyag. When I came back to work in January 2002, I tried to finish my thesis sa MA Econ. But I had a family crisis later in the year when Nang Anel got pregnant out of wedlock. She gave birth gud on the day of my proposal hearing. After sa proposal hearing diretso kos Our Lady of the Rule Hospital in Mactan. That was the first time I saw my nephew Biboy cradled by Ate Ica in her arms. Heheh, how fast time flies. Ulitawo na ron ang Beato :) I was very fortunate that the article I submitted to PQCS from my thesis was published in September 2003. I was asked to peer review pud one time. Then in September 2004 I got involved in Water REMIND project sa mga Aboitiz. Nagresearch mi didtos kabukiran sa Cebu, unahan pas Cebu Plaza. I met Ferolini Matahum this way. He kept telling me that naniguwang na ang lubi. Kapoy ka. Attorney n mn ron ang okoy. Daghan na'g kwarta; cge na xa'g larga2. I had to leave USC in 2005-2006 coz I got accepted sa NUS. But gikapuyan n pud kos USC ato coz Econ Dev sa PolSci majors ra mn ako gitudluan. I felt that I didn't belong to the department anymore coz di n mn ko kaila sa mga Econ majors namo. Wa ko magkadimao sa NUS and I went home in June 2006. Mam Ching helped to get me reinstated sa USC. I stayed there till October 2007 coz ganahan n mn jud ko mohawa. I came back to Singapore in January 2008 but I only lasted one month. I left for Cambodia in February 2008 around Chinese New Year and stayed there till November 2008. I went home coz di mn jud to mao ako gusto, ang mag-OFW. I processed my retirement sa USC then came back to Cambo in October 2009. For interview ta kos DLSU in June 2009 but I didn't show up. In October 2010 I decided to go home to take care of our elders. I found work in CDU in November 2010. Been there since. I now contribute to research as research representative. Di daw coordinator kay gamay ra mn ako grupo gidala. Minimum 5 groups daw para tawgon nga coordinator. Ah dah, matter of semantics ra n oi. Unsaon p mn gud na nako ng name? Ug tinihikay pud sa admin. Kay mas gamay ra mn bayad ang mentor kaysa coordinator. Cge lang Doki, moabot ra japon kas lugar nimo phn. Wait lng, ihatag ra na nimo ni Lord. Ginagmay ra ng kwartaha ila. There is Horizon 2020 that I bumped into last 17 October at the dissemination session in Shangrila Mactan. Collaborative work ni sija between EU and Southeast Asia. Wait p mis next call either in May or June daw next year pohon kay nilabay n mn ang deadline. June 2018 mn ang call so nideadline last September 18. Wa mi sultihi ni Mam Fe sa Research Council. Basin tuo cja nga di mi interesado. Cge lng Mam, may araw k rin. I found a possible collaborator already from Wageningen WUR. As much as possible I wouldn't want the Research Office to touch our study if ever madayon. Mangita sija'g ijaha oi. As Research Representative sa Social Sciences Dept in the CDU-CDUH Research Council, I am glad I stayed on. For oral defense na amo 2 remaining groups from last year then for appointment nas Research Ofc ang current research group. Olango Island Marine Sanctuary mn to ila proposed study. Interesting kaju. All the best to us. Jia you Doki.

No comments: