Monday, October 1, 2018

Jayeel Cornelio

This time I would have known him for 13 years. I met him at Techno Edge canteen, Engineering side at the National University of Singapore (NUS) on 23 Sept 2005. I just came back from Philippines then. I snuck a trip home coz naglisud mn ko ato sa akong Advance Macro under Prof Aditya Goenka. He was introduced to me by another friend, Christian Bustamante who is his friend from ADMU. I remember giving each of them a pack of dried mangoes. Fast forward to the present. We chatted on FB Messenger yday, 10/1/18. Nakalugar uroy sya. There was a time when I thought di na mi friends coz he wouldn't respond to my messages. Another friend from NUS, Jonathan Coronel from DLSU but now working in SG would tell me that baka busy lang. Tinuod jud diay. I last saw Leeyaj in February 2009. I was in Metro Manila then for training while I was affiliated with Fr Jovic's NGO in Legaspi. We met at the end of our training sa PCFC. Post-Valentine dinner n lng tos MOA. He treated me to a Thai dinner sa Jatujak Resto. He bought pasalubong pud for his mom. He was leaving for Lancaster then for his dissertation under Dr Linda Woodhead. He drove me to the Baclaran MRT. I think I kissed him goodbye on the cheek. He was here in Cebu in February last year. Wala mi magkita. Busy mn gud siya kay sa PSS mn to ila gisabutan. He said he got sick pud. He was in Iligan in July last year I think. Friends mn sila Septrin 'Badz' Calamba who is a young and budding academic from MSU-IIT. He gave a course there on Religion mn cguro to. Last December 1st weekend he was here in Cebu again but wa japon mi magkita. I was in Dumaguete mn gud and I only read his pm sa Messenger when I was back here in Cebu. Nakabalik n sya Manila for sure. Told him that one of these days we would meet again to catch up. It might happen soon. I keep the faith. :)

No comments: