Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Kabir Das - The Indian Sufi Poet

This afternoon 6/24/21 I joined another Inter Nations Event about the abovementioned person. Very interesting! The host is an Indian teacher in Dubai. Kabir Das had dohas diay, 2 liner poems. Very profound and sublime. Didto ra japon kalugdang ang discussion sa love oi. I shared my insights - analogy with St Paul in the Corinthians. Just close your eyes and open your heart! In love jud ko buyag diay! Kanindut oi. Looking forward to my next Inter Nations event. God bless! Some of his dohas: 1) If I see my God and my teacher. Whose feet do I touch first? I touch God's feet daw before my teacher. Something like that. 2) What is the point of the tall date tree? It does not give shade to the traveller. And its fruits are out of reach. (Or the fruits are out of reach). 3) Don't ask the learned man's caste, ask what he knows. Value the sword, leave the sheath alone. 4) Mesmerize the hearts with the way you talk. Soothe others and yourself as well. 5) They have read a million books, yet they didn't learn. I say, learn the two and a half letters of love and you would have learned everything. 6) Keep your critics near you, maybe in your own backyard. They keep you clean, without any water or soap. 7) The musk (fragrance) is embedded in the navel. Yet the deer look for the source of the fragrance all through the forest. Same way Ram (God) is present in each one of us but no one notices Him.

No comments: