Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tanya

She is my classmate from good old NUS days. She's an Indian Indian married to a Singaporean Indian. Heheh. Through the years we've managed to stay in touch. I went to visit her when she had a delicate pregnancy and had to undergo bedrest. I had a really good chicken biryani then at her mother in law's house. Days before Christmas last year, I was messaging her coz she had problems with her boss at a job that she really liked. She gave up that job and has found a new one. Waiting for the offer letter n lng daw siya. Anyway, yday I was chatting with her on Messenger. She told me to pay up NUS. Don't be foolish and stupid daw by letting around a thousand Singaporean dollars forfeit my entry to Singapore again. I don't think they would catch me at the airport because I have unsettled NUS student bills. Dili mn criminal liability cguro to, unlike credit card debt. But bad record lng ko nila. I definitely do not want that. Wa pud koy dungog mobalik sa SG that way. I left SG in February 2008, around Chinese New Year. Nilakaw ra ko without paying my dues or withdrawing my candidature. In May 2008 na mn ko niwithdraw when they were looking for me coz I didn't sit for the final exams in EC 6101 Econometrics. Anyway, Tanya said closure is the best thing that I could give myself daw, especially that the new year just started. Thanks a lot dear Tanya, hope to see u in SG soon with your biryani! :) Actually 3rd person na si Tanya to tell me that what I owe NUS is not much. First si Charito Planas, my former student who became Ate Ica's friend when nagkadungan sila ug review. She worked in SG for a while. Second is si Dr Jessie Cheah of UNU-IIGH who I met during their seminar at UP Cebu last October 2017. So it must be the voice of God di b? Cge lang Doki, masayang mn kas kwarta, mas daku ra cguro gihapon ang return nimo. Just do the right thing and trust God lng jud kanunay. Amen.

No comments: