Monday, January 27, 2020

Goodbye, Nev

Last night when I came home, I opened my phone and read Joyce's message that Nev died last Sunday. I was of course shocked coz I was just emailing him about 2 weeks ago. I looked at his Facebook and saw that he was in hospital diay on January 25 for enlarged heart and pneumonia. Basta mga tiguwang na lagi nya magka-pneumonia, deadly jud n. I left a message in his memorial page to say goodbye. I was very fortunate to meet him in PP in 2008. He was such a kind and wise person. He treated me to dinner at Comme a la Maison gud in PP. Too bad he was very old for me. He wanted to see me here in Cebu man diay to back in 2011 and when that didn't push through, he gave his ticket to a Filipino guy in Penang who was able to go home and propose to his longtime kalive-in. Nev once called me a crazy Filipina. He called me an impoverished academic too. He'd always tell me that I would receive a sum of money daw every 2 weeks if I marry him. Wa jud ko. He got married to a Chinese playwright then they divorced after a few years. He was with a Filipina named Heather who I think is in her 30s at Dien Bien Phu upon his death. Rest in peace in heaven, Neville. Till we see each other again phon. By the way, when I woke up yday, news of Kobe Bryant's death was blaring on CNN too. Whole day n lng jud. He died on a helicopter crash in Calabasas, CA along with his 13-yr old daughter Gianna, Alyssa Altorelli and her father, the pilot and 4 others. It looks like weather problem coz twas foggy daw when they left. He was only 41 yrs old and just retired from the NBA in 2016 after spending 20 years with the LA Lakers. Rest in peace to all.

No comments: