Thursday, July 15, 2021

Hawaiian Music

I find it very simple and profound. Acoustic guitar ra jud mostly gamiton and most of the time there is a hula dancer to accompany the song. Mike gave me 2 CDs of Hawaiian music as pabawon before I went home in July 2019. Naliki n lng gud ang CD 1. In the "Kauanoeanuhea" song of Keali'i Reichel in a certain concert somewhere, there was a couple who danced the hula as an accompaniment. His type of music is called kumu hula daw. I just find the hula a very sensual dance. There is a standing and a sitting hula dance daw. It can be a tribute or prayer mn gud. And I found a mass dance video also on Youtube of student couples dancing to "Pili Mau Me Oe". I even shared it to Mam Cathy Vestil, our PE Dept chair. She said dance jud lagi daw sa Hawai'i ang hula. Cge po.

No comments: