Monday, February 10, 2020

Taize Forward

I went to Taize, a village near Cluny, France in June 2001. Our chaplain, Fr Ben Engelbertink graciously drove us down there. There were eight of us students from ISS: Reginald from Kenya, Arul from India, Salvador and I from Philippines, Achara from Thailand, Gillian from Trinidad and Tobago, Rose Gawaya from Kenya, and Juliet Najumba from Uganda. We were really an international group, which made one of the volunteers there, Alex from Germany really curious.


We stayed there for practically a week. We arrived on Monday afternoon after a very long drive from the Netherlands. (We started out at 6am from The Hague and only arrived there at 1600h). We left on Saturday. The takeaway from that trip is The Source St Etienne. Ang ganda ng lake doon! It was in Taize also where we met a Swedish Filipina woman. She said 3 layers daw iya stocking when she walks her dogs out during winter. Then the American who said 'these people expect us to pray on an empty stomach?' I love those evening meditation sessions. Even in Singapore I joined Taize sessions gud. Hay, I miss my trips in Europe jud. Jia you Doki!

No comments: