Friday, December 2, 2016

Christian

I had to overcome my demons with him as I meet this new guy from ADMU too. Coz he left me with so much heartbreak back in SG in 2005-2006. All because I was having such a hard time in my program and needed every friend that I could get. Besides, gwapo pud sya nya taas and puti. I think that's my type. As early as Dec 2005 I knew that he had a girlfriend alrdy. I saw his note man that said 'buy a card for Princess'. But trio mn lagi mi so when we came back after Christmas break, we got together in The Deck. Jayeel gave each of us a copy of PDL, The Purpose-Driven Life. It had his own personal message. I still have the book at home ;) By February 2006 around Chinese New Year, I saw his Friendster of him and his Princess. Aray! She's a girl from Pangasinan, maybe they were officemates. He worked there man, in a power plant by Mirant in Sual. (We passed by it last May when my sisters and nephews went on a trip to Pangasinan then La Union. Hundred Islands in Alaminos man amo first stop). Anyway, the real heartbreak came in Holy Week 2006 when his gf came to visit him in SG. He msgd me to ask for the time of the Easter Vigil service. Kauban kuno niya iya gf oi. Kasama ko sya, ipakilala ko sana sya sa 'yo. Wahhh, kasakit! That must've been the saddest Easter of my life. I remember that the next day during Easter Sunday Mass at 10am, I also went but I avoided meeting her. Di ko kaya! But by God's grace we were able to rescue our friendship. I saw him man at the Computer Centre (CC) after my exam on Singapore Economy. We went to McDonald's SDE and talked about her. Ayun, probinsyana sya... Kung di nga naman kayo pareho mag-isip... But that's not all there is to it yet. In May 2006 while I was waiting for my grades, I'd see him sa Computer Centre every now and then. He'd encourage me always. 'Bilib nga ako sa yo e. Mahirap ang pinagdadaanan mo but nakikita kong di ka sumusuko'. '30 y.o. k mn, mukha ka pa ring mas bata kaya ok lng' Hay kasamok aning taga-ADMU diay. Na'nay gf nya motan-aw or mangita pa jud ug lain. Syempre, kay di p mn gud sila minyo! Basin gusto pud niya nga ako sya ipaglaban. Coz he lost his gf, the great Janice Isabelle Lao who went to Oxford to study. She studied in USC-TC for a while. Mao to iya gigamit na link in order to ask for my age. Asa ka anang, 'Anong year ka ba nag-graduate sa USC?' He had to blink gud when I said 1996. But the best memory of that afternoon was Bishop Nicholas Chia's 'bless the young couples who are here with us this pm'. Hahah. I must have been beaming then. And I went to that mass wearing my famous cargo shorts. Morag tua ni Ate Ica na to nga shorts, kupas na. We had satay for dinner. He introduced me to sugar cane juice at the Clementi MRT station. I'd also be damned if he didn't look at my legs while he was looking at some electronic product didto sa shop. Boys talaga.. The last memory would have to be 26 May 2006 Monday afternoon. I was packing my things then when Nicky Kheh called me up. I went to Econ Dept. He got on the bus just when I got down in AS block. I took a very long time to go home. Naglakaw ra gud ko ato. It was alrdy dark then. I found him near our block. Sa may DVD shop. 'Iba kasi pag nasa malayo ang gf mo. Masakit masyado sa ulo'. Ok. Sabay kuno mi uwi. I said via Clark mn siya; via Cebu mn ko. Then he said magluto daw mi sa amo apartment. I said ayaw na kay di ko ganahan manghinlo sa bay. Sa The Deck na lang mi lunch with Jayeel on May 31 then we also met up sa Holland Village. Mao ni ang expat, expatriate episode. Di mo alam na anak ni LKY si Lee Hsien Loong? Hello, welcome to Singapore! Makigsuroy pa ta sya nako sa Lucky Plaza. Wala jud ko. Sakto ra cguro pud kay basin iya ra ko gipahilak ato. Nagminyo na gud sila ni Mischelle last April 18, 2008. Duha na ila anak ron, sila Jandi ug Jacob. We keep in touch. I had to cancel my FB friend request kay wa jud nija actioni. SA LinkedIn ko niya giadd. All the best to us always, Christian. See you when I see you! ;)

No comments: