Wednesday, March 15, 2023

DUBAI

Today I saw this video from Sir Perry Fajardo's FB about the amazing growth in Dubai since the 1960s. And I also learned that Chef JP Anglo has a new restaurant there called Kooya which he opened in February last year. So there must be really something about the Middle East. If I'm not mistaken, tua man gud didto ang 2nd largest concentration of Filipinos overseas. The highest being the USA of course. The primary reason is the oil and gas industry jud. The first Filipinos arrived in KSA gud kuno as engineers in the 1970s. They were the ones who built the highways and buildings there daw. Based on what I read, the Arabian embassy in Manila issues about 100,000 visas daw every year. Pero there are a lot of Filipinos who are illegally staying in KSA and in the rest of the Middle East of course. It's not all a bed of roses as expected. I told Sunil n diay of my news. I dunno if madayon lagi. Ginoo n ang mag-igo. Salamat po Lord and aloha Thursday! Imagine, Friday n dayon ugma pohon. Seems like only y'day when Boy Abunda aired his interview with Liza Soberano last week. And tomorrow Friday n pud lagi. I have a class on Saturday kay wala man sila kaapil sa webinar. Sa March 22 pohon I asked them to join a webinar. I said if dili sila sugtan sa ilang bosses, then of course we'd just have to find an alternate activity. Jia you to us all! ;)

No comments: