Friday, April 28, 2023

WAHI PANA

There's a series of program about Hawaii's special places that I discovered on Youtube. I watched them in July 2021 man cguro to. I watched them again this time. My notes: 1) Waimea in the Big Island - Parker Ranch and life in the old plantations man cguro to 2) Kau - sugar cane plantation. Because Kau's was the last sugar plantation to operate 3) Hilo - of course the very beautiful town of Hilo on the Big island of Hawaii 4) North Kohala - sweet breath of the sun, where Kamehameha was born ata 5) Hanapepe in Kauai - for the old ways including making pa'akai or salt from the sea 6) Papakolea in Oahu - I forgot n what this documentary was about 7) Anahola or Anehola -about healing daw 8) Waimanalo - the old fishing ways ilang gifeature diri. Waimanalo is hidden water kuno 9) Waihe'e - I dunno. I think I still have to watch it. I also watched documentaries from PBS of the old Hawaii. One documentary said Nanakuli means you look at your knees daw because people are not proud daw to live in Nanakuli because it is a very dry place. Go go go Doki!

No comments: