Thursday, September 16, 2021

IRAN AND THE MIDDLE EAST

Twas in Holland that I learned a different perspective on the Middle East. We had co-participants gud from Palestine, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt etc. I was even approached at the ISS stairs by somebody from Takijistan coz he needed access to email daw. He was intern daw at the International Court of Justice and wa p pasudla. That's what I miss in Europe, the openness and the friendliness. Europe makes you think that there's nothing you cannot do. And I miss being asked on the street for directions somewhere. I was walking towards Centrum when somebody tapped me on the shoulder to say 'Molenstraat?' I knew it was somewhere in the area so I just told her to ask somebody else. Then I remember walking home from Konmar when a Greek couple asked me where Panorama Mesdag is. I told them it's just across the street. Heheh, feeling local gud ko ato; as if I've lived in the Hague for a very long time! Anyway, dugaya n ato oi. Twas 20 years ago. And Europe is very far away now. Pasalamat jud ko nga niadto ko while I was still very young. Jia you Doki! ;)

No comments: