Monday, November 29, 2021

AAS

Today when I opened my email, I saw the message of Patricia Sloane-White (Univ of Delaware) about a possible travel funding in order to present a paper at Association of Asian Studies (AAS) annual meeting in March next year in Honolulu, Hawai'i, USA. Oh my God, where did it come from? Ang akong madumduman is namahaw lagi ko ug New Economic Policy (NEP) sa Malaysia ato nga webinar last August coz it happened at 7am coz taga Delaware lagi ang organizer. I can only recall emailing Dr Patricia Sloane-White after the event. Then sign up2 ra ko atos ilang annual conference announcement then the next thing I know, mao n ni. 2 slots daw ang available, hopefully para nako ang isa. I will finish my paper soon so that I can submit early so sure n ang akong slot pohon. I told my CDU friends that macadamia chocolate n lng ilang pasalubong phn or keychain. Hahah. I told Reymar and Boyet n pud and Boyet said 'char oi'. Ana jud lagi n, Boyet. Echoserang frog ra jud lagi ta ani. Heheh. God is good all the time. Amen. Anyway, Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei (MSB) man ang study group ni Dr Patricia Sloane-White so I will focus my paper on RP and SG. I will tie it up n lng pud with my migration stint with LDE so Filipino domestic workers akong nahuna2an. Kay daghan mn ko ug literature makuha. So if need ni nako trabahuon during Christmas break pohon, I will do so, Lord. Unja n ko uli Bohol after New Year cguro, after ko himo grado. I am very proud man gud of my NUS affiliation bisan wa ko kahuman didto. Kay NUS is one of the top 20 universities lagi in the world. Didto jud lagi ko gifinishingan. Heheh. Si Ruthie messaged me about our high school batch's get-together daw ig December 27 pohon at Magsaysay Drive in order to discuss our possible event in May 2022 pohon. I said I cannot promise. I will send a little money as contribution n lng. God bless us always! :)

No comments: