Monday, November 22, 2021

ISS STINT - 2000 TO 2001

I was among the MA Development Studies participants on a fellowship grant to the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) in September 2000 to December 2001. I was doing MA Development Studies Major in Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) with 19 other participants mostly from the developing world. Sila Shioko and Ayumi ra maoy gikan sa developed country namo ato. Anyway, our convenor then was a very tall British professor, si David Dunham. He would eventually become my research supervisor too, along with Ashwani Saith. Daku2 gud pud ko ug grado ato. Basta, I remember sitting in for INT 107 b to or INT 108 Microeconomics of Development in which napugos jud mi ug work out sa problems kay iapil man sa exam lagi. Then we had RMD 121 Exploratory Data Analysis pud under former Dean Marc Wuyts in which he made us use STATA jud. I remember our project then was about food production per capita in India. From there I went for STATISTICA training in UP in May 2003 plus so many other trainings. Formal course in econometrics n lng lagi ahong kuwang diay. Kay di mn ko kamao jud lagi ug economic modelling. Jia you lang Doki, di lagi ka pasagdan ni Lord aning imong new opportunity. Kani kay hinatag gud Niya, matawhay ra jud ko lagi ani. I just need to keep the faith. Amen.

No comments: