Saturday, June 18, 2022

NIÑA

On 6/18/22 morning I received email from John Bradford asking if Niña would be finishing her hours b daw sa YCAPS. I was busy with the TCW lesson guide and syllabuses so pagkagabii n naho si Niña giistorya on Messenger. She said she was writing n daw the hand off email. I told John and Michael that I will expect her reply in the morning. Then this morning 6/19/22 I saw from the YCAPS mailing list a vacancy for a Program Director sa ilang Know Japan series for August and September daw but if they could get funding daw pwede p daw maextend ang work till next year. I told Niña right away to finish her hours with them and apply for the Program Director job. Right now si Alex Chou man gud ang moderators ug si Jeff Mazziotta lagi but laju ra mn jud lagi sila ni Mike Okamoto. And then I realized that nakakita mn diay siya ni Niña nga naghost sa iyahang talk with us last May 17. Siya man ang nagsugod ato then ako ang ni-introduce ni guest speaker and I also moderated the open forum. Then I turned it over to Mam Jhe for the closing remarks then si Niña n dayon ang nagcue for the picture taking. May I request Mr Bradford to quit sharing his screen for our photo op. Heheh. And he said di b that it was fun. Pastilan. Niña made her decision of not finishing it with them anymore. So I emailed them to say thank you from all of us at CDU. Closed n to nga chapter oi. Sugod n ang summer klases ugma phn 6/20/22 no? The words of the executive director were 'We'd love to have her but we wouldn't pursue her'. So ang next nakong nakita is ang call for volunteer members daw sa ilang executive committee, especially those who will work kuno in their social media team, bookkeeping ug unsa n tong gipangmention ni Bradford. Ilaha n to oi. They need to resolve whatever issues they have between the two of them. I am not the internship coordinator n gud. I gave their final grades n gud lagi last 6/6/22, shortly before we had the virtual internship roundup. Si Niña said John Bradford should have contacted her directly kuno if they are really interested with her to work at YCAPS. Katawa kos word ni Mam Jhe kay maghinilas daw. I told her nga sila ra lagi nakahibaw sa ilang issues so hands off n lng ta ana. Maybe it has something to do with the Malaysian/Indonesian work culture. Basta kay ilaha n lagi to. God bless us all and happy Monday! :)

No comments: